That's right I start my long term substitute position tomorrow. This can possibly turn into a full time teaching position. I am a little nervous but very excited.
It's really weird how I feel right now about this. I know I am a good teacher, but I don't feel prepared. These students have been with different subs and barely had their original teacher with them all year. They haven't had any stability in the classroom and I feel like I am going to have a lot on my plate to get them updated. I am ready for it but at the same time... a lot depends on the 4th grade teachers because the students take the NJ ASK. Which is a BIG standardized test that is given to every student and if they fail the school fails and don't get as much state funding. BLEH!!! Ok so just wish me luck!!
I think I finally found my bridal shoes and bridesmaids shoes. I am wearing the same as the girls but they will be wearing them in ivory (my dress color) and I will be wearing them in lapis ( the bridesmaids dresses)... here is a pic
In other news... The guy we booked our wedding with is no longer with The Tides. I am not happy about this, but apparently we will get someone new who will take over. I had a funny feeling that this was going to happen because they are known for doing this. UGH!!! I just emailed the venue and hopefully I will be able to speak to someone about our wedding.


I am just amazed that you got a teaching job so fast! Here in Michigan I know tons of my friends from HS have had to move to other states to get teaching jobs of just aren't teaching...so wtg girl, you're gonna kill it!! Wohooo!!
ReplyDeleteLove the shoes and love that they're wearing your colors and you theirs!!
I know I am shocked too Misty! lol
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! You'll do fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love the color swap on the shoes!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get a great new guy at the venue!
And I know you're gonna rock those kids world!