So Thursday I went to two more wedding venues to check them out and see what they had to offer.
The first place I went to was called Highlawn Pavilion. http://www.highlawn.com/
While it had a gorgeous view of NYC the room for the reception was just not happening. It was really small and instead of the tables being around the dance floor they were on the sides of the bride and groom's table. I didn't like this at all because the farther tables would not be able to see the dance floor. The guy I met with was nice but the whole set up of the room was just not working for me. Plus, the restaurant downstairs is open during the week for business and I didn't like the fact that there would be people eating food while I was having my wedding. Just weird..
Then I went to Mayfair Farms which I loved! http://www.mayfairfarms.com/
I met with Tony and he was really nice. At first when I walked in the receptionist (who was a brat) didn't understand why I was there because the person I was suppose to meet up with wasn't working. Because that is my problem that you scheduled me on that day. But whatever I quickly got over it. The grounds were beautiful and I liked the reception room. The only thing that I didn't like was the green paint. The room is called Wellington on the website. The thing that really got me was the menu. The menu was sooo extensive and everything was included which was amazing. They included Filet Mignon which at a lot of other places is extra, also a Viennese table was included which is ALWAYS extra at other places. I was very happy. Tony was really nice and offered me and one of my BM's wine and champagne.
So basically what I am trying to say is that it is between three places right now. The Manor in West Orange, Bretton Woods in Morris Plains, and Mayfair Farms in West Orange. Mayfair Farms offers a free food tasting but I don't know about the other two places. I emailed The Manor to see if they would do a free tasting and I have to email Bretton Woods. There are so many different things that I like about each of them. Ugh! Not fun!
In other news, I have to move out of my house in the next couple months. My mom is putting the house up for sale and so I am going to have to start looking for a place! UGH! Kill me.. because I don't have enough on my plate to deal with. I still have one more semester of school, work, planning a wedding and now trying to find a place to live with basically no money. Hopefully everything will work out.
The Mayfair Farms were gorgeous! But I agree with you, the green is a bit... yeah. And I love green, but that wasn't really... nice looking. Har to find the right expression, it looks posh enough and all, but I'm just not sure I'd wanna spend too much time in that room. And it would totally crash with your theme *eye roll*
ReplyDeleteUgh! It sucks to have to look for a place to live, even if you're not on a limited amount of time and money, and aren't stressed out about a gazillion things. I really wish I could help you some how!
*HUGS*