Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 3- My Parents

Well this is kind of a touchy topic for me. I grew up in a loving home till I was about 5 or 6 years old. My mother has always been a constant in my life. She has made me who I am today. She used to make us "treats" every night after dinner, and after we had our "treats" (ice cream or cake) we would sit on her bed and she would ask us if we had anything we wanted to talk about. We would take for hours and hours about anything and she would answer any questions we had. Then we would read a book and go to sleep. She has been my rock and has been by my side for as long as I can remember. She really is an amazing woman and I owe so much to her.

My father on the other hand ... was never really ... there. He is an alcoholic and when I was younger I never really realized it. It was until I was 15 years did I realize how bad he really is. When I was 15 he decided to go to a strip club with some of his friends. His friends ended up leaving him there and at 5am we got a knock on the door from the police saying that he was found unconcious behind the club. We still don't really know what happened that night and I really don't want to know because I am sure it was nothing good. Anyways, so since that night he went into a quick downspiral. He drank between 20-30 beers a day. He couldn't hold a job and he hated my mom and me. I always would call me a bitch or a cunt and would pick fights with us. One day about 3 years ago he hit my mom really hard and threatend to kill her. He left the house and as he was leaving he threatended suicide. He left and we called the cops and they got him by the train tracks by my old house. We got a permenant restraining order from him 3 years ago and I haven't talked or seen him since. He doesn't contact me or send me birthday cards ( he sends them to my brothers). His whole side of the family my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents haven't talked to me either. He really is a piece of shit and I will never forgive him for what he did to my family. We almost lost the house and we never had any money. My mom was left with nothing because of him. I hope one day he will maybe realize his mistakes in life and would want to talk to me about it, but I will never make the first step. I tried getting him help but failed time and time again.

So there are my parents. However, I am very fortunate to have amazing in-laws. They love me like I was their own daughter and that makes me feel really good.

My father will not be walking me down the aisle, but my two brothers are and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. As a member of the "my biological sperm donor is a total ass" club, I totally get where youre coming from...and like you, I have a GREAT mom who really made me what I am today and great in-laws! Gotta love our awesome Mommys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *HUGS* thanks for Lily sharing that personal part of you. I'm glad that your mom helped and just be there for you through these years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*
    Just as Misty, I am also a member of that club, though my dad "fortunately" got sick before it derailed too badly, though as bad as it was was bad enough.
    My mom is the best mom in the world, and had there only been room in the chapel she would have been the one to walk me down the isle. Or maybe not, the Nordic tradition is actually the couple to be walking together to the minister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is amazing how strong women are despite the fact that sometimes the men we end up with are completely useless. Or unfortunately in Ninna's situation no longer with us. I owe everything to my mother!

    ReplyDelete