I got one of my several purchases today and I promised that I would review them here. The first package to arrive was from HotMamaMinerals shop on Etsy. I decided to order from this shop because it was brand new and she also had 3 free jars. In return you had to pay it forward. So here is my pay it forward.
The package came today in a bubble envelope. Inside was an organza bag with my shades and another bag with some free makeup applicators which I thought was a great touch. Now, I am no makeup expert but apparently using mineral shadow you can wet it to bring out a more vibrant color. I tried to do that, but it didn't seem to work so the pictures here are not as good as I would have hoped.
I haven't been able to perfect my camera and lighting so please don't be unimpressed. Also, excuse my eyebrows hehe.
The first color I received is called Black Amethyst. I was really impressed with this color.I have hazel eyes so purples and greens are the colors I usually stick to, to pop out my eyes. It is a dark purple and I loved it!
I received three FREE jars... Rio, Twilight Green, and Gothic Girl.
Rio is a shimmery purple, pink color. It is iradecent in the bottle but comes out really nicely on the eyes. It is a spring/summer color which can be worn with a really nice spring dress.
Twilight Green is awesome! It's a shimmery light green mixed with black specks to give it a two-toned look.
Gothic Girl was a bit of a disappointment. In the jar it looks reddish... which sometimes I use... but it comes out really brown. It is suppose to be shimmery, but I didn't get that.
I will be grading all my Etsy purchases on an A-F scale.. A being the best, F obviously not being very good.
Shop: HotMamaMinerals
Order: 1 5g jar, 3 Free 3g jars
Website: http://www.etsy.com/shop/HotMamaMinerals?ref=pr_shop_more
Grade: A
Reasons Pro: Great communication, great packaging, fast shipping, good product, freebies, and great discounts on the website.
Reasons Con: I think with any online purchase it is hard to tell what the colors will look like on you. Only disappointed with one of the 4 colors.
Please support this new Etsy shop!
No comments:
Post a Comment