Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My First Post

T minus 2 years and 1 week to go!
So yea we got engaged May 27th at night, in my pajamas! It was amazingly perfect and romantic! I decided to create a blog so that my girlies (lexily) and other people can look at what I am doing throughout this process. Also it would be a really great memento to have once everything is over with. Our tentative wedding date is June 29th, 2012...we haven't found a venue yet but most likely we will be able to get this date since it is so far in advance.
So I guess here some back story... Greg and I have been dating almost 5 years (August 27th). I basically have been bitching and crying for 2 years now about getting engaged. The more I think about it now, the more I realized how silly I must have looked to him. He probably thought I was friggen nuts! Well anyway, it was the weekend before Memorial Day and we went out to dinner on Thursday, came home, and as I finished getting on my PJ's he got on one knee and asked me to marry him! I love him with all my heart! So here is a picture of my gorgeous ring!!!



Photobucket

GORGEOUS!!! 
(holy shit sorry its so huge!!)

We are planning a engagement party for August and I just got the invitations today!!! Here is what they look like. Obviously it is not mine, but this is exactly what they look like.

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/product/6787/studio_basics_engagement_party_invitations_chalkboard_chic.html



Here are some venues that I have checked out that I LOVE at the moment.


http://www.themanorrestaurant.com/
This place is gorgeous! Old mansion with a million rooms and beautiful grounds. I loved it as soon as I saw it. The price is reasonable but the only thing I didn't like is that there is a possibility I won't be the only bride there.And well I WANT TO BE THE ONLY BRIDE!!!

http://www.brettonwoods.net/
This is the other place I LOVED! It's an old colonial mansion. It is small and intimate. The outside ceremony area is gorgeous!  I have heard some good things about this place, the pricing is within our budget...but It kinda feels like a funeral home when you walk in. That maybe a different story when it is set up for a wedding, but it just felt a little weird.

My inspiration for the wedding is based off of Cherry Blossoms. I am huge into Japanese culture so I thought this would be the best way to express it. My color scheme is pink, brown, and ivory!

So this is the end of my first post. Hopefully you will all be loyal and continue to read for the next 2 years!!! haha...( I won't be mad if you hate me by the end of this!)

9 comments:

  1. Aw this is awesome! I will definitely try to keep up with this! I just created an account, haha. But both places look beautiful! And your invitations are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about the Bretton place, but I think it would look gorgeous given the right decorations!
    The Manor was just G O R G E O U S ! but not being the only bride? Nuh-uh! On that day you wanna be THE bride, not "one of the brides"

    Could you pretty please click the "chain" in the bar above the edit-space and add links in the future, I'm soooo lacy that I think it's taxing to copy paste... *eye roll*

    This is such an exciting time, and I'm happy I get to follow you! It's so way different to how it's done here (even as the trend is more and more edging toward American style, we'll never get -that- big) and so galaxy's apart from what my own was. Not that I wanted mine any different, I wanted "all or nothing" and since we couldn't afford "all" we choose "nothing" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldnt go for the place that might have other weddingparties, its your day and you dont want other strangers in it.

    Im not sure what i think about the other place...im not really into the really formal things, but i do love old things.

    Are you having the ceremony and party at the same place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea the ceremony will be in the same place as the reception.

    Ninna- what do you speak of my dear about "chain" lol. I am so new to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndsay! First off, I can remember planning my wedding day, so congrats on going through all of the excitement! It's such a fun time. :)

    I am *in love* with The Manner. Oh my god, especially the fountain courtyard. Are you going to have a daytime, or night wedding? If night, that courtyard would be beyond amazing. I do understand wanting to be the only bride there, though. If you weren't, though, how would that work? Do they hold ceremonies in different areas throughout the venue? If so, depending on how large the place actually is, you may not have to worry too much about other parties.

    It's kind of hard to tell what the second venue really looks like from the photos that they have up. :-/

    As far as your theme, it sounds lovely! Another friend of mine, also named Linzy, lol, did the same thing, as well as my friend, Skye. There are so many different ways you can go with that theme, too, so I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily, sorry, my bad.
    Since the update it's now a "button" saying "Link". You mark "what you wanna link", press the button and a pop-up window allows you to paste the link there, giving the marked text a hotlink that you (or actually me and other readers) can click and instantly end up where you want us =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah with the two weddings at once, you may hardly see the other people. A friend a few years ago had an outdoor wedding but the reception was held in a hall. I actually didn't know there was a 2nd wedding til I go to the hall, which was close by where the outdoor wedding was..and the only time I saw any of the other wedding group was in the bathroom. But I wonder if its like Bride Wars, if you've seen that. They have their weddings in this beautiful place but they aren't even in the same area..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well at the Manor it wouldn't be that big of a deal because the place is huge. Actually we want a daytime wedding, but even so the gardens and natural floral at the manor are beyond beautiful!! If it happens to rain there is a beautiful room we could have it in as well. So either way the Manor is def. the most versatile.

    Ninna- I think I got the link thing on my other post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah but if you have the reception there too, it'll go into the night and you can have lights for then. That would be so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete